Application down after SQL Service logon account change


I was working on one of my clients server recently. This was during a normal maintenance monthly activity to reboot the database server every first weekend. I rebooted the machine, and as per the defined steps, I checked the SQL services after the reboot to ensure they were up. I verified all SQL Services and the SQL Browser service were running fine.

Up to this point, everything was OK. My maintenance activity completed successfully as per the schedule. But while checking, I noticed that SQL Services were running with a local account. As a good practice and per company policy,